Coach and Bus Insurance
Need a quick online quote for coach or bus insurance? Fill in our form to compare options available.
Here at Fleetcover, we offer prestige and specialist motor fleet insurance across a variety of areas, including coach and bus insurance, HGV insurance, mini fleet insurance and more.
We pride ourselves on offering a professional and personal service, including full claims back-up. We act on behalf of clients nationwide, and can offer a complete fleet insurance management package.
What is coach and bus fleet insurance?
Coach and bus fleet insurance is pretty much what it sounds like – cover for your fleet of either coaches, buses or both combined.
There are a large number of policies available, ranging from two vehicles to a large fleet with varying factors affecting the best policy for your business. The factors that affect the type of policy you need are explained in more detail further on the page.
How coach and bus insurance works
Coach and bus insurance works just like any type of fleet insurance does – you pay a set amount to cover your vehicles, either a large sum for the entire year or in monthly installments.
If one of your drivers finds themselves in an unfortunate accident, your insurance will help to pay towards any repairs or damage. The amount that is covered by your insurance provider depends on the type of policy you take out.
What types of businesses need coach and bus insurance?
Any company with a fleet of coaches and buses can benefit from fleet insurance, but some of the most common types of businesses that use these policies include:
- Coach hire companies
- Bus operators
- Minibuses for schools
- Travel providers
- Tour operators
Benefits of coach and bus insurance
- Saves money: as with any fleet insurance policy, insuring all of your vehicles under one policy saves money that would have been spent on pricier individual policies
- Only one renewal date: this frees up a lot of your time as you only need to worry about one renewal date rather than tens of individual ones!
- Can be upgraded at any time: if, further down the line, you decide you need more comprehensive cover, we can switch this over for you with minimal disruption
- Full protection: passenger and luggage effects cover can be included as standard
- Annual retrospective claims bonus for good claims experience
- Favourable driver warrants
- Limited excluded areas
How much does coach and bus insurance cost?
There is no set cost that is standard for coach and bus insurance as each business has individual needs and different factors that affect pricing.
Using an experienced fleet insurance provider will mean you get the best policy for your needs, saving you both money and time.
What types of mini insurance policies are available?
Coach and bus insurance can cover the following:
- Comprehensive insurance
- Third-party, fire and theft
- Public and employer’s liability
- Foreign use and EU cover
- Windscreen cover
- Passenger & luggage effects cover
- Employers liability
- Breakdown cover
There are also additional add-ons, such as:
- Breakdown cover
- Risk management services
- Employers liability
What factors affect the price of coach and bus insurance?
As mentioned above, there are a variety of factors that affect the price of coach and bus insurance, including, but not limited to:
- The age of the vehicles: insurance for older vehicles tends to be cheaper as their resale value is lower
- The type of vehicle: the more expensive your buses or coaches, the pricier it would be to repair them, therefore the higher the insurance costs
- The number of vehicles: naturally, the more vehicles are in your fleet, the pricier it will be to insure them, simply because there are more of them
- The condition they are in: buses or coaches that are a little worse for wear are a higher risk, therefore this will affect your policy
- The areas you drive in: if your drivers are operating in a postcode with a large amount of accidents and crime, the chances of damage and therefore insurance costs is higher
- How often they are used: the more your drivers are on the road, the higher the chance of an accident and therefore the more expensive the insurance
- Where they are kept at night: if your coach or bus fleet is stored away safely at night, there is a lower chance that they will be damaged and therefore your price will be lower