Need a quick online quote for your small fleet or for mini fleet insurance? Fill in our quick form to compare options available.
Here at Fleetcover, we offer prestige and specialist motor fleet insurance. We pride ourselves on offering a professional and personal service, including full claims back-up. We act on behalf of clients nationwide, and can offer a complete fleet insurance management package.
What is mini fleet insurance?
Mini fleet insurance, also known as small fleet insurance, is a policy covering 2 or more vehicles, typically up to 5 although this varies between insurance providers. These vehicles can be cars, vans, HGV’s and more – or a combination of a few!
Getting small fleet insurance comes with a variety of benefits, not least the fact that you could save money compared to insuring your vehicles separately. Below we break down the benefits of taking out a policy.
Benefits of mini fleet insurance
- Save money: instead of insuring each vehicle individually, combining the vehicles under one policy can save you some of your hard-earned money, which is especially important for smaller businesses.
- Save time: as mentioned above, everything is under one policy so you don’t have to spend precious hours looking for different quotes, filling out paperwork etc. for each vehicle – it’s all processed as one, meaning it is very convenient when time is limited.
- Just one renewal date: following on from the above point, keeping all your vehicles under one policy means there is only one renewal date for you to worry about.
- Can add more when needed: if you’re a smaller business who is growing, you may need to add extra vehicles onto the policy as you expand. This is very easy to do and saves you a lot of time.
- Lots of options available: we will break down the different options for cover in more detail further on, but your policy can essentially be custom-made to your business’s needs.
What types of mini fleet insurance policies are available?
The most common type of mini insurance cover available are:
- Third party only: This is the legal minimum to drive in the UK
- Third party with fire and theft: this covers the third party in the event of an accident caused by you. This only covers fire and theft and not your actual vehicles
- Comprehensive: this level of insurance provides the highest level of cover – third party protection as well as your vehicle and property
There are also additional add-ons, such as:
- Employer’s liability insurance: this provides cover for claims made by employees past and present
- Cover for European driving: usually capped at 90 days per year. This is often included in standard policies
What factors affect the price of mini fleet insurance?
Your policy will be tailor-made for your needs as there are a variety of factors that affect pricing, as with any form of insurance. These can include:
- The age of the vehicles
- The type of vehicles
- How many are in your fleet
- How often they are used
- What condition they are in
- Where they are kept at night